Condo & Townhomes
Ikehu Utility Solutions offers code-compliant submetering systems for Condominium and Townhome communities. From system design and installation to monthly meter reading and billing and ongoing service we handle everything so you don’t have to!
We provide submetering services that include installation, reading and billing of equipment, and servicing of non-proprietary water, gas, and electric meter systems, and Automatic Meter Reading (AMR) systems from industry leading manufacturers. We are dedicated to the seamless transition from resident introduction/notification to installation to resident billing and collections.
With more than 20 years of experience in multifamily, condominium, commercial, new construction, mobile home and military submetering systems, our knowledgeable equipment technicians ensure proper installation and maintenance and monitor your system performance – working with your site maintenance staff to correct common issues and minimize service costs.
Ikehu Utility Solutions is committed to being an industry leader in customer service. We offer extended hours of live support. This allows us to respond to and follow up with residents, community staff, management, and owners without delay. Service requests and questions are handled in a routine and detailed manner, allowing us to track, respond to, and resolve customer issues quickly and professionally.
Whether considering a change to a new submetering service provider or a new submetering system for your community, it is important to ask the right questions. Submetering can be a complicated and confusing industry. How do you know what questions to ask? At Ikehu Utility Solutions we insist that you ask us any questions you have and we guarantee we will provide you with straight-forward answers. Following are some questions you may consider asking:
- Do the meters meet state and local requirements?
- Who owns the meters and who is responsible to maintain them?
- Will the metering system be provided without capital investment from the owners or HOA?
- Who is responsible for meter recertification?
- Is billing timely and done at regular intervals?
- Is the billing system robust and scalable to meet your needs now and in five or ten years?
- Are there multiple payment methods for the owners and residents including online payments, phone payments and AutoPay (ACH)?
Ikehu Utility Solutions Makes Submetering Simple
Ikehu Utility Solutions provides an easy, transparent, and seamless solution – managing the entire process from start to finish so you do not have to. We will help you organize and schedule your submeter retrofit project in coordination with your contractor.
We Do The Research For You
At Ikehu Utility Solutions, we believe that you must be fully informed about your options prior to making decisions regarding submetering. Ikehu Utility Solutions will provide each property owner and/or manager with a comparative recommendation to consider. We do the groundwork, provide the due diligence and rationale so you can make a more informed decision.
Why should you consider residential utility submetering?
Submetering systems provide multiple benefits, some of which are:
- Stabilizes and helps to reduce the maintenance fee by removing residential utility usage, which can fluctuate wildly. Submetering makes it easier to budget reliably for utility usage from common areas, which tend to be more predictable and consistent.
- Reduces the workload of property administration by allowing Ikehu to take over the utility reporting and billing and answering utility usage and cost-related questions from unit owners or residents directly.
- Empowers residents to review and adjust their utility consumption and costs.
State-Of-The-Art, Web-Based Billing System
Ikehu Utility Solutions utilizes a state-of-the-art, web-based billing system. Residents will appreciate the benefits our system provides, including access to their account, in real-time, 24/7 via the web. Convenient online payment options via eCheck and credit card are also available to the resident through their online account.
24/7 property managers Access
Ikehu Utility Solutions’ property management access allows property managers to view the utility consumption of each building and/or unit, run reports and perform various functions via the web 24/7, daily. Here are a few typical key report types available for property managers:
- Monthly Consumption profiling: Allows you to view water, electricity and/or gas consumption monthly for the entire building or by each individual unit.
- Monthly Billing: See what Ikehu Utility Solutions has billed each tenant for. You can download a comprehensive report for the entire property or pull up individual copies of actual invoices from any current or past tenant.
- Aging Accounts Receivable: A comprehensive Accounts Receivable aging report.
With over 95 different report types, we can customize utility usage and billing information to meet your property’s specific needs.
What are the steps to retrofit your property with utility submeters?
- To begin, contact Ikehu for a free site survey. We will meet with your Site or Property manager to identify the type of electric, water, or gas infrastructure available on property to integrate a utility submeter system that will meet your property’s needs.
- After we complete the site survey, we can help identify your property’s overall utility usage and costs by providing us with the most recent electric, water, or gas invoice.
- We will provide a quote and detailed proposal to the AOAO for review. We can always attend a board meeting to go over the project details, answer questions, and arrange a timeline for the project and our services.
- Upon a completed and signed agreement, we will take steps to coordinate the project details with the contractor approved and contracted separately by the board. Some of these steps include:
Quality Assurance checks as the meters are installed to ensure that the meters are functioning properly and in order with their specifications from the manufacturer.
Introduction of service letters are sent to residents and unit owners explaining the type and scope of service they will receive.
A coordinated implementation process to ensure services begin seamlessly and smoothly.
- Residential utility usage reports or utility invoices are sent out each month in coordination with the master utility bill or as agreed upon with the AOAO.
- The property manager or other authorized person(s) will continue to make payment of utility services to the utility provider as usual. A reimbursement check will be sent out each month to the AOAO as scheduled by the AOAO.