Office, Retail, Hi-Rise, Mall, Warehouse, Industrial, Medical & Factory
Ikehu Utility Solutions offers both code-compliant submetering systems and customized Ratio Utility Billing Systems RUBS for commercial properties. From system design and installation to monthly meter reading and billing and ongoing service we handle everything, so you don’t have to!
We provide submetering services that include installation, reading and billing of equipment, and servicing of non-proprietary water, gas, and electric meter systems, and Automatic Meter Reading (AMR) systems from industry leading manufacturers. We are dedicated to the seamless transition from commercial introduction/notification to installation to commercial billing and collections.
With more than 20 years of experience in multi-family, condominium, commercial, new construction, mobile home and military submetering systems, our knowledgeable equipment technicians ensure proper installation and maintenance and monitor your system performance – working with your site maintenance staff to correct common issues and minimize service costs.
Ikehu Utility Solutions is committed to be an industry leader in customer service. We offer extended hours of live support. This allows us to respond to and follow up with commercial tenants, community staff, management, and owners without delay. Service requests and questions are handled in a routine and detailed manner, allowing us to track, respond to, and resolve customer issues quickly and professionally.
Why Should You Submeter?
Submetering systems provides several benefits, whether promoting conservation, operationally or a combination thereof. Some of the major benefits are:
- Promoting conservation
- Reducing your administrative burden
- Stabilizing rents
- Reducing operating costs thereby increasing property value
- Improving cash flow
Ikehu Utility Solutions Makes Submetering Simple
Ikehu Utility Solutions provides an easy, transparent, and seamless solution – managing the entire process from start to finish so you do not have to. From retrofit coordination and planning to commercial tenant and management education to billing and collections, we are your partner.
We Do The Research For You
At Ikehu Utility Solutions, we believe that you must be fully informed about your options prior to making decisions regarding submetering. Ikehu Utility Solutions will provide each property owner and/or manager with a comparative recommendation to consider. We do the groundwork, provide the due diligence and rationale so you can make a more informed decision.
State-Of-The-Art, Web-Based Billing System
Ikehu Utility Solutions utilizes a state-of-the-art, web-based billing system. Commercial tenants will appreciate the benefits our system provides, including access to their account, in real-time, 24/7 via the web. Convenient online payment options via eCheck and credit card are also available to the commercial tenants through their online account.
24/7 property managers Access
Ikehu Utility Solutions’s property management access allows property managers to view the utility consumption of each building and/or unit, run reports and perform various functions via the web 24/7, daily. Here are a few typical key report types available for property managers:
- Monthly Consumption profiling: Allows you to view water, electricity and/or gas consumption monthly for the entire building or by each individual unit.
- Monthly Billing: See what Ikehu Utility Solutions has billed each tenant for. You can download a comprehensive report for the entire property or pull up individual copies of actual invoices from any current or past tenant.
- Aging Accounts Receivable: A comprehensive Accounts Receivable aging report.
With over 95 different report types, we can customize utility usage and billing information to meet your property’s specific needs.
What are the steps to retrofit your commercial property with utility submeters?
- To begin, contact Ikehu for a free site survey. We will meet with your Site or Property manager to identify the type of electric, water or gas infrastructure available on property to integrate a utility submeter system that will meet your property’s needs.
- After we complete the site survey, we can help identify your property’s overall utility usage and costs by providing us with the most recent electric, water or gas invoice.
- We will provide a quote and detailed proposal to property management for review. We can always attend a meeting to go over the project details, answer questions and arrange a timeline for the project and our services.
Upon a completed and signed agreement, we will take steps to coordinate the project details with the contractor approved and contracted separately by property management. Some of these steps include:
Quality Assurance checks as the meters are installed to ensure that the meters are functioning properly and in order with their specifications from the manufacturer.
Introduction of service letters are sent to commercial unit tenants explaining the type and scope of service they will receive.
A coordinated implementation process to ensure services begin in a seamless and smooth manner.
- Commercial unit utility usage reports or utility invoices are sent out each month in coordination with the master utility bill or as agreed upon by property management.
- The money collected by Ikehu Utility Solutions is sent monthly to the owner or property manager who in turn pays the utility bill just as they have done in the past.